Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pineapple Princess

   Have you ever heard the 60's song, Pineapple Princess? My cousin is in love with that song, it's pretty catchy.


   I found this pin last week, and that song has been stuck in my head ever since! I'm really ready for warm weather (it's supposed to get around 70° this week!), not to mention summer! I've got lots of fun beach plans this year, so I'm excited.


   I started with a white base, Revlon Colorstay Sure Thing. To make the pineapples, I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch and a dotter. I thinned it out a little to make it a bit easier to spread out.


   Next I outlined the pineapples with a very thinned out OPI A-Piers To Be Tan. I also used that for the diagonals inside the pineapple. Next I painted the leafy part of the pineapple with Revlon Parfumerie Balsam Fir, also thinned out.


   This one really reminds me of a wallpaper or fabric print or something. I think it's really cute! I want to put it in my shop, but I can't decide if I should put it up as it is now, or have the pineapples as just an accent.... I might try both, we'll see!

Update: I've added the set to my store! Just the full set for now, but I'll probably add the accent later. You can get it here.

   I'm in a tropical mood, so be prepared for a few more tropical-inspired mani's in the next few weeks.
   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment