Sunday, April 20, 2014

New Listings Part II

   Yesterday I started showing you guys some of my new listings. I have a ton, so I split it up in to accents and full sets. I did the accents yesterday, so today I'm going to show you all the full sets!


   This is an older design. It was one of the first I made after I started becoming a little more consistent with nail art. I've always really liked it. It's kind of simple, but it looks nice.


   I didn't really have the yellow I wanted (I wanted something a little paler and a little less lemon-y), but the one  I have works fine. I painted the base with CoverGirl Outlast Lemon Drop, and painted one layer of white (Finger Paints Paper Mache) over the yellow. I only did one layer so that a little of the yellow would come through. Then I painted the bow with my black Stripe Rite striper.
   I go the idea for this design from a tutorial I found on Pinterest. It's a really easy design to make, especially if you have a smaller brush to use for the bow. I don't know about you, but I can't manage small/tight curves with the long bristled brushes. I just make a huge mess!
   You can find the listing here. You can also look at some more pictures of the original design if you want.


   This is another old-ish design, but I have blogged about it. This design was originally painted on my toes. It was inspired by a pretty pair of heels (which I could never wear, I'd fall on my face with heels that tall and skinny!).



   Pardon the state of my toes. I never put lotion or anything on them enough, so they often get pretty dry in the summer and winter.
   I've been wanting to transfer this to fingers design for a while, I just never got around to it. I like the full-scaled nail, but I think the one line of scales is my favorite. I think it looks really nice!


   To make this design I needed a lot of patience. The scales took forever! What I did to make them was to start off with painting a wide white arch, which I repeated as many times as necessary to make the basic scales. Then I started with the red (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cherry Red) and outlined the bottom of each scale. Then I went on up the line with yellow (CoverGirl Outlast Lemon Drop) and then orange(Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed). To finish it off I got out my white Stripe Rite striper and outlined the top of the scales in a thin white line to help define them. For the base I used Flower Good Bud-dy.
   You can find the listing here in my shop.


   This next design is pretty recent. I painted it back in February.


   It was inspired by a sweater.


   I used Revlon Brilliant Strength Entice as the base, and then various acrylic paints for the chevron stripes. I've found that it's much easier to do a lot of detail work with acrylic paints. It's not always the best, but it generally works a lot better than polish for me. I did get some nail polish thinner last week though, and that makes the polish a thousand times easier to work with.
   You can find this set here in my shop.

   That's all of my new listings for now! I do have some other older designs that are waiting to be made into full sets, but who knows when I'll get around to them.
   I've still got my Easter nails to show you guys too! I'll probably post about them tonight or tomorrow.

   I hope you all have a great Easter and a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment