Thursday, April 3, 2014

Nautical

   What do you all think of my new layout? I thought it was time for a change. My old design was never quite what I wanted, so I changed it! I might still fiddle with my logo, we'll see. I hope you guys like it! If not, well, you're stuck with it for now. :)

   I've got another design to show you already! Hopefully all these updates is a good sign; maybe I'll finally become a more consistent blogger. Maybe. If we're both lucky.
   Another Etsy listing this week - my nautical set. You might have seen them before, I blogged about it a few months ago when I first made the set for Etsy. It's a very summery design, which I love! It's finally warming up here and I'm so excited!


   I had planned to use tape to mark of the stripes like I did the first time, but I forgot to paint the white the night before. I always have a problem with the polish coming off with the tape if I don't paint the base layer several hours before. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. I haven't heard much about other people having this problem...


   I used Finger Paints Paper Mache and Stripe Rite Red for the stripes. The yellow was Covergirl Outlast Lemon Drop and the blue Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Resurrection. For the anchor I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Pumping Iron.


   It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped - my nails are so much smaller than the fakes I use to paint my demo sets for Etsy! It makes it a lot harder than you would think to do something the first time on a larger nail and then try to paint it on a small one. It was hard to get the proportions right. My anchor turned out a lot better this time though, I think.
   I had been inspired by a few pins I had come across while looking up design ideas for a custom order over in my Etsy shop. I found some really cute designs with polka dots and gold glitter mixed in with the stripes and/or anchor. If I ever make another version of this I'd definitely have to include those!

   That's all my news for now. I probably won't have anything new until late next week. I'm taking a break from both jobs on my next day off. Then it's back to work as usual! I have another pending custom design that I think you all with love! It's pretty trendy and cute!

   Have a wonderful weekend guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment