Tuesday, May 6, 2014

More Flowers

   I had another slight deviation in my Etsy-to-Fingers Project. I've been dying to recreate this design for my fingers, so I made it in to an Etsy set and painted it on my fingers yesterday.


   I originally painted it on my toes. I'm almost embarrased to show it, but here it is. They look so different! I think the lines on the leaves make the most difference.


   I was inspired by The Illustrated Nail. I saw a nail wheel of hers on Pinterest and fell in love. Her designs are all so cool!



   This one took a lot longer than my first attempt. I definitely knew more of what I was doing this time around. Thanks to Wonderously Polished's wonderful tip about polish thinner, designs are so much easier to make!



   I used some of my new polishes for this design. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow was my base. For the flower I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coral Reef. Revlon Brilliant Strength Entice is the green middle and my red Stripe Rite striper was used for the flower outlines. The purples in the very middle of the flower were China Glaze Sweet Hook (light) and CoverGirl Outlast Vio-last (dark). The leaves were made with L'Oreal New Money as the light base, and my new Revlon Parfumiere Balsam Fir as the dark outline.


   As I mentioned, I did make this into an Etsy set! I'm not sure whether to hope that people buy it or not, it was a ton of work! But it's so pretty, I can't help but want to let other people wear it if they want. It was fun to paint too, so the time doesn't really bother me. I'll just watch movies and have fun!


   You can find the set here in my store.

   In other news, I've started a tumblr! It will have pretty much the same thing as my Facebook (a shorter version of this blog). I'll probably throw in some other junk every now and then, like some pictures of these cute baby birds we have living in the space in between the floor of our top deck and the roof of the lower deck.

   I have some more updates coming later this week, I think.
   I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment