Friday, October 25, 2013

Halloween!! (Part 1)

   There's still about a week to go and I've already started my Halloween designs... I've decided to do two this year instead of just one. Last year I didn't really know what to choose, so I did a hodge podge of just about everything. Just because I can, I'll show you guys a picture of it! Hooray for nails!



  If I ever redid them, I'd change the background colors. Too much orange. Besides, when do you ever see a completely orange sky? For the time though, they were pretty good! Not that I think they're awful now or anything. I still like them a lot! Isn't that cat just so adorably scruffy?! I might have told you this before, but.... I love cats! I just can't help myself. And it's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but my left thumb was a witch's profile. I was inspired by this pin for Her Witchy-ness. I was inspired by lots of pins, actually. You can probably find most of them in the same board as the witch nails.

   Anyways, on to this year's first Halloween design! You've probably seen them before; I posted a set of fakes like them last week or the week before. I really really liked them (I bet you can guess why in a minute), so I knew I had to paint them on my nails this year!


   And yes, two pictures are a little unnecessary, but I just really liked the lighting and whatnot in the second. And it's more in focus. (The photographer side of me is coming out.) But the other one has my thumb in it so it has to be included you know...
   As you've probably guessed, I like them so much because they're cats! ...And the sponged fog looks cool too. I like this version so much better than my first attempt on the fake nails a few weeks ago. I definitely knew more of what I was doing this time around!
   I only used three colors for this design - white, grey, and black. I painted my nails with a white base coat, then with a makeup sponge I sponged on varying amounts of grey, black, and sometimes white until I got a fog pattern that I liked. Then with a striper I painted on the webs. (I tried to make them a lot thinner and neater than the first time, but my thumb was the only one that really turned out great.) Then I painted on the cat (I used a mix of a dotter and a smaller brush), using the striper again for the tail and eyes. After that I painted on a regular top coat and then a matte one.
   If you like, you can find the fakes for sale here in my Etsy store!

   That's about it for now... Halloween owls for next week!
   Have a great week/weekend guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment