Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Halloween Part 2! ...that's super late

So, it's official. I'm a terrible blogger. I'd say I'll try to be better, but I might not be consistent again until next year. I've just been swamped with work, and lately, Christmas-ing. I haven't really done much of anything nail wise since the first week of November. You might not believe it, because I actually have a lot to show you all. I made up some new sets for my Etsy before I got swamped. Better late than never, I guess!

Here are my Halloween owls from Halloween week! I really really liked them. It was a lot harder to come up with owl costume ideas than I thought it would be. In the end I decided on a ghost, a pirate, a flapper, a Jedi, a nurse, and Ariel.




   Maybe one day I'll post a tutorial on how  I make my owls. We'll see...
   I made a ton of sets for my Etsy a few weeks ago. I will warn you though, I'm not going to be much of a 'talker' this post. I haven't had my brain about me at all this week...

   I finally made an ombre nail set! Sort of. I never can get the sponging method to work, so I made ombre stripes instead! It actually started before any of my Halloween designs with a cute Fall ombre stripe with scalloped edges. I'd love to show it to you, but I forgot to take pictures! :( It was something like this design from Nailed It. That's what inspired me to make this ombre design.


   As you can guess, I'm offering 4 different color options. I think the blue is my favorite, although they are all pretty nice. I think. You can find them here.
   I also made this set for my Etsy.


   I like this one a lot more than I thought I would. I made it so that there would be a set in my store that was trendy and cute but not too colorful or 'wild'. But I ended up really liking it! And, as I'm sure you can guess, this is another one with a color and design choice.
   I made another set that I thought I would love. I still like it, but not as much as I thought I would. I think it's because I couldn't make it look exactly like I wanted. It really is a bother being an occasional semi-perfectionist....


  Like I said, they're nice, just not what I envisioned. You can find them here!
  This set I actually made a month or so ago, I just never took a picture of them for some reason.... I'm really not sure why.


   These were inspired by some fabric I found at work (JoAnn Fabrics, here). I really liked it! Nice and fallish. Plus cute, somewhat trendy, and not too crazy!
   This next one is another that I ended up liking more than I thought I would. It's pretty simple, actually.


    I don't know which color scheme I like best... I like them both, but I think I might like the darker one slightly better. Maybe. You can find it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment