Thursday, October 2, 2014

Rhinestones and Rainbows

   I was cleaning out my nail folder this week and I found some custom orders from last month that I never showed you guys.
  
   The first one is a rainbow set I made for a wedding-goer.


   I really liked her idea of having one rainbow spreading over 5 fingers instead of one finger you usually see. I think that looks nicer (and it's easier to paint!). I used my favorite cream base (Orly French Manicure Softest White). For the rainbow I used Revlon Colorstay Red Carpet, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow, L'Oreal New Money, Sally Hansen Xtreme WEar Blue Me Away, and L'Oreal Royally Reinvented.

   This next one is very different from what I normally do. It not only has small 3mm rhintestones, but it also has a huge 4-rhinestone set!


   I personally would not want to wear it, but I understand the attraction to it! The biggest beef I had with the whole design was the the larger rhinestone set pokes way out from the nail, probably 2-3mm at some points. For me, I know I would get it caught on everything and loose it withing the first day. But I realize some people are more careful than me. Probably lots more! I ordered the rhinestones from Born Pretty Store. They have a huge selection!

   I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment