Monday, October 6, 2014

Orange Flowers

   I know I said I was going to start some Fall designs, but Pinterest is really distracting! I found another really cute flower graphic and I just had to try and paint it.


   I definitely didn't do it justice, but I think it's a good enough adaption.


I started with my favorite cream base, Orly French Manicure Softest White. Then I painted the branches using two browns -  a light brown, Nina Ultra Pro Beige-A-Vu, and a dark brown, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Branch Out. To make the orange flower, I mixed together white and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed. Then I added a little brown to that to get the shadowing on the bottom of the flower, and then a lot more brown to get the top shadowing.


   For the leaves I started with a dark green, Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss, and then dry brushed a lighter green, a mix of Spanish Moss and L'Oreal New Money. For the small round white flowers I used a dotter to apply the white, and then added a small dot of brown near the branch.


    Maybe next time I really will paint a fall design... We'll see!

   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment