Saturday, October 11, 2014

Candy Canes and Skeletons

   I've been busy this past week. Aside from normal school busy-ness, I've also been busy making more Etsy sets! I thought I'd be super on top of things and make two new Christmas set, as well as try and get a new Halloween design out in time. (I've also made 4 others, but for your sake, I'll split them up into two posts so you aren't drowned in nails.)


   As the closest holiday, the Halloween set is up first. I found this one on Pinterest a couple years ago but never painted it (skeletons aren't really my thing). This year though, it hit me, people will bu this for Halloween! I felt kind of dumb for not having thought of it before. In case you can't figure it out (the picture is a little confusing) this design is made so that one hand has the heads and the other hand has the bodies, so that when you put your fingers together the whole skeleton lines up. You can see the original pin here, that would probably help more than my crappy explanation.
   You can find this set in my shop here.


   And for Christmas I'm ahead of the game! For now. I thought this one was super cute and Christmas-y without being elaborate. And it's easy to make, so if you like painting your nails instead of buying them, you can easily recreate this! To make the stripes I started with a white base and then used a red striper. Then I used a small brush to make the silver stripe.
   You can find this set in my shop here.


   My second Christmas set is a cute simplified sweater design. To make this one I started with my favorite cream base, Orly French Manicure Softest White. For the red I used Revlon Colorstay Velvet Rope and the green is Revlon Parfumerie Balsam Fir.
   You can find this set in my shop here.

   More sets to come! I'm also super excited to show you all my nails. I've painted a cute Fall design....!

No comments:

Post a Comment