Friday, July 18, 2014

Disney Princess Challenge #7: Mulan

   This week's princess is Mulan! I was kind of stumped at first, I couldn't decide which version of her gown I wanted to create! After much deliberation, I finally decided to go with the one I knew the best, her original green gown. I also threw in her pretty little comb.

   I wanted to try and paint her warrior-garb, but I didn't. I've kind of been pressed for time still, so I didn't spend the time trying to figure it out.

   After looking at some other Mulan-inspired designs, I decided against her blue belt-thing-that-I-don't-know-the-name-of. I just never found a design where it looked like it really fit in. So I just painted the top of her gown.

   For the bodice-nails, I painted a base of Revlon Colorstay Buttercup. I didn't have the green I wanted, so I mixed a bit of white to L'Oreal New Money and painted a V, filing in the outside. I outlined the V in Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss.

   For the accent comb-nail, I started with a black base, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out. Then I painted the basic comb shape in white. I filled that in with teal, Flower Good Bud-dy. I painted the black lines with my black striper, and painted in the gold outline with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch. Then I painted the lily-that-ought-to-be-an-orchid in white and painted the middle with a light pink, with yellow dots.

   And, as usual, this is available in my Etsy! You can find it here in my shop.

   Next up is Jasmine! I hope to paint them soon, maybe tomorrow. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment