Saturday, June 7, 2014

Frozen Nails Part I - Anna

   I'm finally beginning to paint Disney princesses! I've been wanting to paint them for ages, but I just never got around to it.
   Because of all the hype, I thought I'd start with the newest, Frozen. Don't hate me for what I'm going to say next, but... Frozen was not my favorite. It's not even in my top three. Sorry to all you Frozen-lovers out there, but I just didn't love it. Granted, I didn't watch it immediately and so I heard all the hype and expected something absolutely blow-your-mind amazing when I did finally get around to watching it (which was about a month ago. I'm so behind...). I probably would have liked it better if I hadn't heard all the hype, but I still don't think it would be in my top three.
   ....But, I did absolutely love Anna's dresses! They were so pretty! I've always liked Scandinavian clothing. It's so detailed and just plain pretty. These are the two dresses I used for inspiration:


   The second dress is my favorite. Her coronation gown is pretty, but her travel dress (as I've named it) is more like the Scandinavian clothing I like.


   I based my middle finger off of the bodice design of her travel dress. The other fingers were based off of the skirt of her coronation gown. The bodice design is kind of hard to see in the second picture, so here's a close up:


  Did I mention that this is my favorite of her dresses? It's so pretty! (By the way, this is a picture of a dress that someone made! If you're super into Frozen - or just like the dress - it's in an Etsy store! Prestige Couture has some fantastic and super detailed and accurate costumes.)


   This actually turned out to be a lot easier to make than I anticipated. Not that it was easy, but I was expecting the design on my middle finger to give me some grief.  I used a ton of colors for this design, so forgive me if I don't list them all.


   Once again, I haven't technically painted an Etsy set like I'm supposed to be doing. But I did make this into an Etsy set! I figured that Frozen nails would be a good thing to have in my shop since it's so popular. So this really was made with Etsy in mind! I think what I'm going to do is continue to give myself a bit of a break from my Etsy-to-Fingers project. I'm going to finally paint Disney Princesses/characters like I've been wanting to. I will make them into Etsy sets as I go, I think that they'll probably go over pretty well. I'd buy them, anyway!


   The bodice design on the middle finger is a little more accurate in this set - I made it this morning after I found the close up of her bodice. It's so small on my hand though, so I'm sure no one will notice (or care!). You can find the set here in my store.

   I will have Part II for you guys tomorrow! It is Elsa themed, and was also painted with my left hand, so it's a bit interesting. I was glad her gowns are more simple!

   Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment