Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fall Branches

   Last week (I seem to be perpetually a week behind) I found a neat graphic that I just fell in love with.


   I couldn't resist painting it! I love the colors and the design.


   I started with my favorite base, a creamy off-white (China Glaze Oxygen). I painted all the branches first, so it would be easier to decide where to put all the foliage. I made the branches with a thinned out brown base layer (Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Branch Out), and then painted a couple stripes of a lighter brown (OPI A-Piers To Be Tan) here and there to act as highlights and give it more dimension.


   Next I painted on the flowers. I used a burnt orange (L'Oreal He Red My Mind) and orange (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed) as the bases for the two flowers. I painted them on with a smaller dotter, making three dots to make it more petal-like. Then I used either He Red My Mind or a lighter orange (L'Oreal Orange You Jealous) for the highlights/shadows on the flowers.


   To make the berries/flower buds, I used He Red My Mind, Sun Kissed, and a yellow (Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch). Then I made the leaves, using light and dark greens (Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss and Jungle), and used a very light green (OPI That's Hula-rious) for the highlights.


   I finished the design off by making the acorns. I started with a darkish tan (Nina Ultra Pro Beige A Vu) and then made the acorn cap with Branch Out.

   I think this is definitely one of my favorites this season. And it's only begun! It will be hard to top this one for me, I think.

  I hope you all have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this beauty! Really awesome! Being in Ibiza this year, I got to know what is a shellac manicure and pedicure . Since then, I apply exceptionally shellac to my nails. Is it possible to create such beauty with shellac?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      You can make designs like this with shellac, it's just a little bit harder since it moves around more than regular polish would. You might have to get special brushes as well.
      I don't know much about it, I usually just paint my nails with regular polish or acrylic paints and then use a gel topcoat to seal it so that the polish doesn't come off when I work with clients.

      Delete