Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day

   Valentine's Day almost snuck up on me this year! I had been thinking about designs, but I thought I had plenty of time to finalize and paint. Well, yesterday I realized that it was already Valentine's week! I've been a little off schedule lately... I painted yesterday before work, so I can have them on for at least a few days before!

   I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do this year. I had already painted a bunch of designs for Etsy and I didn't really want to paint them again. Not yet, anyway! After scrounging around on Pinterest for inspiration, I found this design and fell in love! I combined it with this design from my Etsy sets and ended up with this:


   I think this has become one of my favorite designs! I feel like I've said that a lot lately, but it's true! I really like the last few designs I've made.
   To make this design I used Finger Paints Paper Mache as the base, and Revlon Brilliant Strength Entice as the base for my ring finger. I used Entice for the dashed diagonals as well. (I used a tiny brush to make them.) For the hearts I used Finger Paints Paint Me Happy, with a small dotter and the same small brush. To make the lace heart on my ring finger I painted the half heart shape with white acrylic paint. Then I painted over it (leaving a small outline) with Finger Paints Paint Me Happy. After that I painted on white dots with the dotter, then painted on green dots with Revlon Brilliant Strength Entice.


   That's all for now. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment