Friday, January 17, 2014

Galaxy

   I've finally joined the galaxy nail trend! I had been wanting to make some for a while, I just didn't know how, and didn't want to spend the time messing around with it and looking up different tutorials. Because, you know, that just takes so long... But I finally got around to it yesterday. I'm pretty satisfied with the result so far! They turned out a lot better than I thought they might. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't have high hopes for this design. It's not even that hard! But that's me for ya!



  I also am going to show you both hands for once! This is a rare thing, because I usually paint a dumbed down design on my right hand so my left hand can manage it. But sponging is kind of hard to mess up. Don't get me wrong, you can definitely mess it up (I've done it before!), but it's harder to make a mess of.



   To make my galaxy nails I started out with a dark base coat. I didn't want to use solid black, so I used a really really dark purple that had a bit of a glimmer to it - Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Spark. I have no idea if you can still buy this polish though, it's pretty old.
Then I sponged on some white in some random 'nebula' shapes. Then I layered on (sponging still) some reds, oranges, greens, some more white, etc until I got something that looked sort of space-ish.
After that I painted on some small glitter (I used a small bottle of some Orly glitter that has no name....) to act as distant stars. I just painted it in the dark purple spots. I tried it on the entire nail, but I didn't like the effect.
Then I added some small white dots for close stars with a small paint brush.
I topped it all off with a matte coat. I used to use Essie's Matte About You, but I ran out and for some reason bought a different brand this time... It's Revlon's Matte Topcoat. It's alright. Essie's is definitely worth the money if you want to spend it! Revlon's isn't bad though, it's just not as good....  (It's a little streaky and you have to put on a couple of coats before everything is matte-ed).

(At some point I really need to start doing picture tutorials instead of word ones... Pictures are so much more helpful!)

  I also got all of my Valentine's set finished up! I put up one more full set:


   You can find this on here in my Etsy.

   And I put up the other two accent sets I showed you all the other day:





   You can find the balloon set here, and the heart flower set here. I just love that last set! It's so cute!

   Speaking of accent nails, I almost forgot to show you guys a set! I also made some galaxy accent nails. I plan on making them into a full set too, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.


   (The nail on the right is where I tried to put glitter over the entire nail. I thought it was too shimmery.)
   You can find them here in my store.

   That's about all for now! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment