Sunday, September 8, 2013

New Etsy Listings!!

    And they're so cute!!! I think one of these ties with the cat nails I did last month (and maybe even passes them up, I'm not sure yet...). I am a little bit infatuated with this set right now....


   Aren't these guys just so adorable?! If you love them as much as I do (and even if you don't), you can find them here in my Etsy. I found this cute fabric at work (JoAnn Fabrics) the other day and I knew that I had to make a design from it!


   To make this set I did a lot of sponging. I sponged the grass, trees, and leaves with a little makeup sponge. For the rest of it I just used my usual tiny brushes. To make the owls, I used the color for their bellies as a 'base.' Then over top of that I painted in the darker color for their heads, then I painted on their eyes, beaks, wings, hats, etc.

   To spare you from my gushing, I'll go ahead and show you my other set I made. :) I think they're really cute too, but it's a different sort of cute...


   These are loosely based off of yet another doll I have in my small-ish collection. She came from my great-grandmother. I'd hazard a guess that she is at least based off of 50s fashions, if not actually from sometime around there. But I really have no idea. These are terrible pictures (I'm rushing around trying to get ready for work and write this at the same time), so I'll try to take some better ones when I have a chance.



   I didn't notice until later that the 'dots' on her dress were actually hearts... That would have been so cute on the nails! Oh well.. they still look cute anyway!

Well, I've got to run to work! Hope you guys have an awesome week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment