Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Doll Nail Art Challenge: #4

   I've finally had a chance to paint my nails! I'm continuing my doll series, but this one is a little different from the others. I had little to work with for this design, so I ended up having to look up some stuff to make the design. This doll is an Inuit girl from 1890's Alaska.



   I was going to make a design from her earrings, but they were just stripes. So I looked up some Inuit beading and I found lots of cool stuff! I didn't get to do the design I wanted (it was too complicated), but I did find a design that worked. It might not be an exactly traditional design, but it's close enough!


   As I was looking, I also came across some beautiful parkas that had a mix of white and brown furs, which I loosely used for the design on my middle finger.


   I was planning on putting designs on all of the fingers, but it was a bit much (it looked a little over crowded) and I might have been a little bit lazy yesterday...
   At any rate, here are my nails. I like the design from my ring finger best on my left hand, for once. I thought I would like the design outlined, but when I outlined it on my right hand, it didn't look as nice. It's not bad, but the other looks better.




   I will be super busy this week, so I won't have any updates of any sort most likely. Hope you guys have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment