Tuesday, September 29, 2015

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not....

   Did any of you ever grab a flower and pull off the petals to see if someone liked you or not? You would alternate petals with 'he loves me' and 'he loves me not,' and whichever one you ended with would give you the answer. I'm not sure about you, but I'm pretty sure I cheated many a time with that game to get the answer I wanted!

   Last week on one of my fellow classmates I painted a cute design based off that game, inspired by this cute design by ann_li on Instagram. And I painted words! I'd never done that before and had them look decent. So of course I was super proud of them.


   I started with a gel base, a brown Gelish. I don't know the name, sorry! Then with my white striper I made the flowers and the floating petals. The black outlines were made with my black striper, and the yellow flower centers were made with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow.


   To make the words, I used my smallest, thinnest brush and some white acrylic paint. I find that I can control acrylic paint better for fine detailing like this. It took a long time! I was so worried I would mess it up.


   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment