Friday, May 1, 2015

Pysanka Deer

   I know I'm a little irregular again. Finals are approaching, so all my professors are assigning last-minute projects and papers!
   This week I was trying out my fancy new striping brush. I received it in my latest package from Born Pretty. Let me just say, I love it! It isn't crazy long like most striping brushes, so it's a lot easier for me to use for things other than a straight line.



   On to the design! Remember last Easter when I made a design based off of Pysanky (Ukranian Eggs)? Well I found another egg that I absolutely fell in love with!


   I absolutely love the style of it, it's so pretty. And the deer has leafy antlers!


   I started with a base of Orly Teal Unreal. To give it the "marbled" look, I thinned out some of Studio M Blue Ming and sort of globbed it on, making sure it wasn't too heavy in spots and spread out.


   I started by drawing out the basic shapes of everything with white acrylic paint. I used thinned out OPI A-Piers to Be Tan for the deer, and L'Oreal Walk On the Beach for his spots.


   For his antlers and the other vines, I started by using L'Oreal New Money for the leaves and then going over it lightly with a thinned out Studio M On the Field. Next I used Revlon Colorstay Buttercup for the stem. Buttercup was also used for the dots around the vines. Then I topped it off with a matte topcoat.


   What do you all think?

  I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment