Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Fabric Inspired Flowers

   This week I found a really neat piece of fabric on Etsy.


   I loved the flower design! I didn't notice the birds hiding out in the middle until later, so they aren't in my design. I might just have to make this one again!


   I started with one of my favorite bases, a pretty cream color. This time it's China Glaze
Oxygen. To make the flowers, I started with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coral Reef, and then made a thin stripe inside the flower with OPI Aloha From OPI. The flower stems were Coral Reef as well, with a very thinned out Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Dark Huemoor in the middle of the stem. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow for the flower centers and the dots on all the stems.


   To make the leaves I used Coral Reef, Dark Huemoor, and Mellow Yellow again for the leaf stems. Then I used OPI That's Hula-rious for the leaves and OPI My Dogsled Is A Hybrid in the middle of the leaves.

  In other news, I've started cosmetolgy school! I'm going for nail technician (that's a suprise, right?). So I might be a little inconsistent for a few weeks while I try to balance school, my shop, and my own nails. But inconsitency with me is nothing new, sadly.


   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment