Thursday, January 15, 2015

DIY Flower Decal Trial

   So I'm trying out a new idea for my Etsy shop. I found a neat idea on another blog for making nail polish wraps. I'm not sure the idea will pan out, I've run into some problems I need to look at again and get some more opinions on.


   I chose the plastic bag route instead of the wax paper for this design. For me I painted 8 flower nails and 2 yellow nails. You just paint your base color in a basic nail shape and then fill it in with your design! Then once it's dried (about 10-20 minutes after painting your top coat), carefully peel it off and place it on your nail. Anything extra can be easily removed with nail polish remover.


   For this design I started with a base of Sally Hansen Jungle Gem and on my ring finger Revlon Colorstay Buttercup. To make the pink flowers I started with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Don't Be Leotardy mixed with a bit of white. Then I used plain Leotardy, and then Finger Paints Plum Perspective mixed with a bit of white. To make the orange flowers I started with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed mixed with white. Then regular Sun Kissed, and then a small amount of L'Oreal He Read My Mind. The green leaves were L'Oreal New Money.


   The problem I'm stuck on with the wraps is that they seem to loose their stickiness after a while. They can still be applied, you just have to add in an extra step - applying a base coat and pressing on the wrap once the base polish is halfway dry. I'm not sure people will want to mess with the extra step. I'm sending a couple out to a few people to get their opinions!

   I hope you have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment