Sunday, September 14, 2014

Watercolor Flowers

   This is a remake of sorts of a design I painted on my toes back in July. I absolutely loved it and knew I wanted to paint it on my fingers once I finished with Disney Princesses. It's been in my Etsy shop for a while (you can find it here). It was based off this pin.


   I started with my favorite base! I used up my Revlon version (which is sadly no longer made!), so this is an almost exact match, Orly French Manicure Softest White.  It's just such a great color. It goes with everything, but it isn't as stark and glaring as white; it's... softer.


   To make the flowers I used orange (L'Oreal He Red My Mind), yellow (Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch), and brown (Finger Paints Sketchy Character). To make the watercolor effect I used my polish thinner (two drops for the orange and brown , one for the yellow).


   To make the leaves, I used Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss. I used the same thinning method for the leaves as for the flowers. I used two drops of the thinner. It goes on really thin at first, but then I go over select spots a second time to give it more texture.


   We're finally up to date! I just repainted my fingers two days ago, so I ought to have a post up soon. I also have made several new fall sets for my shop! I'm excited to show you guys everything!

   Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment