Thursday, August 14, 2014

Disney Princess Challenge #9: Ariel

   Once again, it's been a while. But at least I warned you guys this time! My friend and I are moved in to our new apartment and are organized and settled. We're even almost done decorating! At some point I'll have to show you guys some pictures.

   On to the nails! Last week I painted Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I wasn't sure at first how it would turn out, but I ended up really liking the end result. Moving really took a toll on them though and they ended up coming off way to soon for me.


   I ended up going for the simple route, and just painted her tail and her seashell bra. For the tail scales, I used a base of Revlon Brilliant Strength Entice. To make the scale outlines, I added some white to Entice and thinned it out a bit.


   For Ariel's shell bra, I painted the tips of my middle finger with Nina Ultra-Pro Lilac-ing Discipline. Then I made some "shadowing" lines with Covergirl Outlast Vio-last. Then I sealed each nail with a top coat!


   As usual, this is available in my Etsy shop! You can check it out here.

   Next is Sleeping Beauty! I wasn't particularly pleased with how her design came out, so it will probably be coming off soon, if time allows.

   I hope you guys have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment