Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Disney Princess Challenge #10: Aurora

   I knew I would be busy between school and the street fair (it’s two weeks away!), but I might have underestimated how busy… And it didn’t help that I had no great ideas for this design and had to redo it several times. Not having 3 out of 5 classes being art classes really makes a difference on my workload! I have so much more reading to do, it’s crazy.

   Anyway, back to the nails! I didn’t expect Aurora to be this difficult. I originally thought to have briar roses and an accent of her magicked blue/pink dress. But it kind of looked awful. The dress looked really goofy. So I scratched that and tried it again, only this time with one briar nail instead of all but one. It still looked awful.  So I tried yet again and came up with this:

   I ended up with briar roses on two fingers and a middle accent of her tiara. For the briar roses I used one of my favorite base colors – Revlon Colorstay Pale Cashmere. Then I used Revlon Colorstay Red Carpet to make the roses, and I used Finger Paints Paint Me Happy for the highlights. To make the thorns I used my black Stripe Rite striper. I started with just the branch and then I made the thorns.

   For Aurora’s tiara, I started with a base of Revlon Colorstay Buttercup. I thought it was reminiscent of her hair. For the actual tiara I used Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold. Details were not great with this one, so it’s pretty plain.

   I will make it into an Etsy set, I’m just not sure how yet. I’m thinking just briar rose accents on the thumbs and middle fingers. Nothing else really looked great. I’ll post a link to it in my next post, probably, and I’ll update this post too.

   Cinderella is next! She’s on my fingers now actually. I hope to blog about them later this week so that I don’t get too far behind. Hopefully I can get to where I can have at least one post per week.

    I hope you have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment