Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pastel Watercolor

    In my last post, I reviewed some pretty gold stickers. I didn't tell you much about the base, so I thought I'd revisit it.
   The great thing about this design is that it doesn't need to be neat, so it's something you can more easily recreate on your right hand.


   Ignore my dry fingers; I soaked them in acetone to get rid of some glitter polish and forgot to put lotion on them before I took this picture!


   To make this 'base' I started with two coats of a thinner cream base (I used Revlon Colorstay Embody). You can also use white or a more opaque cream (or no base). Once that dried, I thinned out pastel pink, blue, and purple. With a smallish brush, I dabbed on the three colors in random patterns until I had the coverage that I wanted.


   I started with pink, then moved to purple, and ended with blue. You can also put drops of all three on at once and then swirl them together. Use whatever method works best for you! 
   If I have time, I'd love to make a tutorial for you guys. I haven't made one in ages...

   I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment